Wednesday
I left for work at my usual 6:05 and a not so welcome light popped up- the engine light. Being my paranoid self, I was ready to drive straight to the Toyota shop to get it fixed. But I crossed my fingers it would be fine until after work.
Spoiler alert- gas cap was loose. So glad it wasn't a 1,000 dollar fix.
I now had the afternoon off, so I captialized on it and went shopping with Elise for a bridal shower. We were quite the team and found the perfect gifts.
After shopping, I met up with Taylor for a temple session.
We then ended the night with In-N-Out and stopping at Kohls to buy him a new (nicely) fitted white shirt.
Thursday
It was a busy day at the office. They were sending out Christmas cards and I wanted to finish addressing, sealing... everything that day. I somehow finished them all just when the lights turned off in the office.
Later that evening, Taylor and I went hot tubbing with Chloe and Chase at their new apartment. This was my first time hot tubbing in the actual cold. Taylor and I tried to jump in the pool but it was only 3 feet deep, so we mostly just put our legs in and then ran back to the hot tub. Haha.
Friday
I got to the office and turns out they wanted to add one more thing to the letters. So I had to unseal ALL of them, insert the postcard, seal, and put a stamp on. I was on somewhat of a time crunch because I had to finish in time to watch Baby Max with Taylor. I realized I was the one mailing them, so I could just finish them at my house. All in all it worked out.
Baby Max is such a good baby. He literally never cries. And the best part is that his favorite way to be held is on your chest which just so happens to be my favorite way to hold babies. While we were watching Taylor's nephew, his other sister came over. So the time went really fast talking with her and watching the baby.
Taylor knows Costa Vida and food are my love language, so we went there after for dinner. :)
We planned to do just dance after but we were both too full, so instead we just chilled at my parents house.
Saturday
Chloe had her bridal shower, but she wanted us all to wear fancy hats. So I figured it was also fitting to wear a dress, and red lipstick. It's so fun dressing up and feeling fancy. They had 2 games we played- one was guessing who said what between the bride and groom. I ended up getting third place, which is good considering half the people there were family! The other game we played bingo based on what gifts we thought she would get. I did in fact win this one.
I had a 2 hour grace period before Alie's winter formal so I went into the office to get some stuff done. It was a party time there. People that worked there were giving tours to their families, someone was working on the front lounge AND there were left over cookies from Friday.
I was maybe going to have to do Al's hair but someone in the ward ended up doing it, so I was off the hook. Alie is a freakin babe though. She looked so good.
My stake was so lucky and we had President Nelson come speak to us. In addition, he had dinner with all the bishops and their wives (taylor's parents got to go). Taylor was quite strategic and sat exactly where Pres Nelson would pass when he walked in and out. So Taylor got to shake his hand, and I got to look into his eyes for a good 3 seconds. He carries with him such a strong spirit. I hope to obtain that purity and santificiation some day. Also he was so personable and funny. He knew how to work the crowd.
After the fireside, we went to my parents, ate, and I think we started a movie?
Sunday
I didn't realize til writing this, but we went to my parents house 3 nights in a row! Wowsers.
We went over for dinner after church along with the usual gang of my grandparents and aunt.
Taylor and I had to leave early to catch a little concert for his dad. When we got there, his dad realized he needed to get the speaker to another practice. So Taylor and I stayed for a half hour and then ran back to the Tenney house to pick up the speaker.
Now Taylor had to stay for the practice, but it was okay because I got to hear him sing. :)
Monday
My student had her IEP meeting. I was super nervous because I had strong opinions, but couldn't necessarily share all of them based on my role. I was worried they would just kind of come out, or I would feel like I was lying. Fortunately she has a rockstar teacher and she brought to light all of my concerns. Also a little interpreter education: since i was there to speak about my role with my student, another interpreter has to come so the deaf student knows what is going on. The interpreter that came is quite capable and very cute, but I was very possessive of my student. In my head- I was critquing on signs that are more compatible with my student. I didn't realize how much I have claimed my student-which is exactly why we don't work with a student for more than one year.
I had about an hour and a half to spare, so I capitalized on it, to buy tights for dance and a few Christmas gifts. My mom is an angel and she made cilantro rice for my ward christma party. She is the literal best. I may or may not have left my ward christmas party early and went to taylors and ate even more food.
Tuesday
The only thing I remember is my dance class.. I thought for sure we'd go over but we ended up just running each dance 3 times and then went home. So only a 30 minute pratice.
Wednesday
Taylor and I made a goal to go to the temple together once a week and so far we are 3/3. Also Wednesday nights are the prime time to go because it is not busy at all and we get through pretty fast.
After the temple, we went for a run. Then decided we wanted to do the hills at Discovery Park. We were gone an additional half hour. When we got back, his sister ran to his car and had a terrified look on her face.
She then relayed how someone went in their backyard (which she thought was Taylor), but heard the dog going crazy, so she peeked out the window. She saw a white truck parked by their trailer. When she got outside, he was driving away with one of their ladders.
She was mortified. Taylor kinda blew it off but decided to go buy a lock for the gate, and for the trailer hitch. I stayed with Jodi and tried to calm her, but it led into her telling me every incident that had ever happened on their street. So at this point, I'm mildly scared, but keeping my cool for her sake.
Turns out, it was a family friend borrowing the ladder. Lolz.
Quite the night.
Thursday
6 years ago, Taylor's dad started a stake christmas concert. It has grown into a 3 night performance with the most ellaborate nativity set up. Each room has a theme based on one of Christs titles (prince of peace, fisher of men, etc) and it is so intricate that they even have the entire walls covered with some kind of mural. Thursday was the first night of the concerts, so Taylor and I went to check out the nativities, and the first night of the concerts. Mckenna Brienholt was the main performer (a member of Cinematic Pop- Rob Gardners group) and we went just to hear her sing.
We left early to see the new Star Wars. We strategically picked a theater that had reclining seats and reserved seating. Unfortunately, I was tired and comfortable and I fell asleep for just about the whole movie. So I will be seeing it again. Haha.
Friday
I should label this as the day of standing.
There was a spelling bee that lasted 2 hours, so I stood for 2 hours straight with not the best shoes. It was fun to interpret but my feet were done. Unfortunately we had another assembly at the end of the day, which meant another half hour of standing.
I needed an energy boost, so I stopped at soda shop on my way home and now have all the punches for a free soda. Holler!!
Around 5, Taylor and Elise met up with me at my parents and then we drove out to Phoenix to help at the Salvation Army Warehouse. You know how at malls they have the trees and you pick a kids name off and buy a gift. Well our job was to put the gifts on the correct shelf that correlates with each family. Then we got to "go shopping". We would be given a trash bag with an age and gender (3-5 boy, teen girl, etc) and we would put three gifts in the bag. It was fun looking scavengaring for the best gift.
I did this with my family last year but it was at 5 am the day the families were picking stuff up. So it was chaotic but so fun. I loved it because everyone has a job and there is structure. No one is just standing around. Unfortunatlely my family did not sign up, so when I saw another ward was going I jumped on it!
Saturday
You know that group that I dance with on Tuesdays, well they had a Christmas show and we got to be in it! Saturday morning was dedicated to our dress rehearsal.
Taylor happened to be singing in a concert that night as well, which just so happened to be literally right across the street. Anyway, he had his practice in the morning too. As soon as we were both finished, we went Christmas shopping. Target is literally the best place to go Christmas shopping especially if you have multiple people to buy for. We crossed 8 people off our list.
When we were done, we went to his sisters so he could help fix their car. I in the meantime held baby max and got him to fall asleep too.
Then we had to go our separate ways to get ready for our shows.
His show was 5-6:30 and then 7:30-9. My show was 6-idk when it would get over.
It was right in the middle. I worked it out where I could see the whole show between the two concerts. He tried to come to mine during his half hour break, but he walked in right when my first dance was over. Then he didn't have enough time for the second. But it was sure sweet of him to come. Also shoutout to my family who I can always count on supporting me.
Our dress rehearsal was awful. But thankfully the show turned out great. You can watch one of the dances on facebook-I posted it.
It did my heart good performing again.
Sunday
I haven't gone to Taylor's ward since we started dating again, but I've been trying to find an excuse to. He was singing in his ward's christmas program so I decided it was the perfect excuse. Also his dad sang in his trio, and his parents both gave talks. So it was a good week to attend.
They had linger longer after church but his sisters were coming over for dinner. So I settled for 2 oreo truffles and a little bit of broccoli.
Taylor had to sing at another fireside, but lucky us, he was 2nd! So we still got to leave early.
When we got back to his house, we played a game with all the adults and I pretty much failed at all of them. But the most frustrating game was code names. I have to play again.
0 comments:
Post a Comment