It's Finally Football Season

Week of August 28th

For FHE my ward was combined with my favorite Gilbert Ward. My bff Colten was in charge and needed a ward to be combined with, so I volunteered my ward. We played "yoga ball" which is a mix of basketball and soccer with a huge yoga ball. It was super fun to be with all my Gilbert lovers AND I did actually participate. Also pre FHE Brent and I went to Cafe Rio and it reminded me that I'm still 100% Costa Vida.

On Wednesday we had our first ever RS Activity. I actually delegated really well and left it up to my 2nd counselor. She decided to have a "social" at Kneaders. In the past, they would only get about 3 girls but we had 20, so I called that a huge success!! It ended up being super fun and we all stayed 2 hours!!

Thursday my friends and I went to ASU's first game. During the game they had a Pac-12 commercial and it showed a short clip of UofA- it did my heart so much good. It made me kinda wish I was at a UofA game, but it was still fun nonetheless. We left at the start of 4th, which is kinda a bummer because then the game actually got good!






Syd's bachelorette party!!! Kenzie has been looking forward to this since they were engaged, so I knew it was gonna be good! Syd rented out an Airbnb and it made the whole thing so fun. We all met up at the house (in Scottsdale) and got bridal tattoos while we waited for everyone to arrive.





Then the boys/groomsmen went to get wings and the girls went to Oreganos. 
We ended up having a wait, so we opened gifts while we waited. We also played a game- if someone blew their whistle, Syd had to answer a would you rather question. 



Once we all got back to the house, we played some jeopardy, truth circle and then my fav, code names. I went to bed around 2, but the party people pretty much pulled an all-nighter. 










Saturday 

I had to run some errands, went to Kona Grill with my family and then watched Jayne from 1-5. That evening I went on a date with a family friend to the UofA Game. It was SO FUN to be back in Arizona territory. 


The drive back was super prime driving and jamming. 


Sunday

My friend Mason decided to serve a mission and he got his call- HOUSTON TEXAS. What a time to go there!!

After the mission call opening, I went to Brent's and watched some movie that is similar to the office. I'm sure there's a word for that kind of movie.



Week of September 4th


Monday was labor day which meant no work for all of my roommates. We slept in, and then went grocery shopping. Well I only needed a few things at the grocery store because I rarely cook for myself, so I mostly just hit up Downeast. I found quite a few essentials.

Madison and I treated ourselves to lunch at Kneaders. My roommates love Kneaders and we recently discovered there is one only a mile away. So we frequent it often.

In the later afternoon, I met up with Cariann, Lyndy and Torin for a hike. We did a trail on the superstition mountains. It was shaded most the time or we for sure would have died. It was definitely a pretty hike. We kind of naturally split and it ended up being Cariann and I most the time, so we chatted more than we hiked.




After the hike I stopped by my parent's for a labor day BBQ, quick stop at Soda Shop and then ended the evening at Brent's for a game night! 



Tuesday was my 2 year anniversary of being endowed! Crazy, right? I highly encourage getting endowed independent of getting married or going on a mission. 



Friday I invited myself on the Gilbert Stake camping trip to Camp LoMia.
I drove up with Steph, Cariann, Lyndy, and her friend Katie. I started it off right with some Soda Shop, which also meant we had to stop in Payson for a bathroom break.
We checked in at the church building, were assigned a cabin and then were shuttled to the campsite. It came to light that I brought multiple shoes and I got so much grief for it the rest of the trip.

We sat down to eat right when the rain started (I was happy we were situated before the rain). Thankfully they had an indoor eating area. So we ate, socialized, met up with our friends that drove up in another car earlier that day, and then went to the devotional. Spencer and I got separated from the group and we were in the very back, so it was kinda hard to pay attention. But the parts i listened to were really good. The rest of the night was spent dancing!! Some others played sports like glow in the dark volleyball, basketball, soccer, bowling, etc. Once we were all dead and sweaty, we turned in for the night. Cariann and I had pillow talk for awhile and then attempted to fall asleep.
I woke up every even hour and laid there for at least an hour. It was pretty miserable.

Saturday. Our friends planned to go on a hike. My car didn't want to go but I wanted to say hi/bye to them, so I went down to the meeting place with Cariann. Well the boys stood us up. So we ended up waiting 2 hours- until they came down for breakfast. They redeemed themselves by driving us back to our car at the church.




The rest of my afternoon was spent getting a car wash, showering, eating Costa Vida with my family, a glorious nap and then dinner with my roommates at Smashburger. 

That evening was the HOLY WAR- BYU, UTAH football game. Colten had a little party to watch it. Everyone was for Utah minus 2 people. Colten made his famous Mountain Dew with mint and lime that we all love. At half time we all took a break and played ROCK. Cariann called me in the middle of the game, and asked if I wanted to go to Brent's for his BYU viewing party. So we headed over there and I switched to cheering for BYU. I was the only one who still had hope in them, but maybe because I didn't have anything actually invested. It was a good night though! 

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

Back
to top